The Rising Sun Country Park is a green oasis of 162 hectares, set in the heart of North Tyneside.
Boasting a nature reserve with ponds, woodlands and extensive grasslands; a farm and Countryside Centre, the site is a haven for wildlife and an ideal place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
Admission is free. Parking and disabled parking is provided within the grounds (or in the neighbouring ASDA Benton car park).
You can even hire one of our function rooms or outdoor areas for your own event!
Facilities and attractions:
- extensive footpaths, bridleways and cycleways to explore
- selected routes are wheelchair-accessible
- bird hides
- cafe with terrace and park views
- free parking with picnic and barbecue area
- educational visits
- children’s play area and water play feature
- events programme and activities
- volunteer opportunities
- hire our facilities for meetings, functions, events and parties
- regular cycling and Nordic walking groups
- toilet facilities
- exhibition room
The Country Park actively promotes healthy living and provides a resource for outdoor activities, healthy home-cooked food and encourages sustainable practices.
The park is managed in partnership by North Tyneside Council and the Rising Sun Farm Trust.
The wider park is open all day, every day of year. The Rising Sun Countryside Centre and grounds are closed between Christmas and New Year.
From April to October the centre and grounds are open Monday-Thursday 8am to 8pm; Friday 8am to 7pm; Saturday 8.30am to 4.30pm; and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm.
The Rising Sun Country Park restaurant is open Monday-Friday, 9am to 3.30pm (open until 4.30pm during school holidays); on Saturdays from 9am to 3.30pm and on Sundays from 10.30am to 3.30pm.